What is the base price of a New Frontier Tiny Home?
The ALPHA TINY HOME is on a 24’ x 8’6” trailer (246 sq. ft.) with top of the line appliances and features is $95,000.
If you are interested in buying the Alpha Tiny Home:
AS IS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ALPHA AS IS”
WITH MODIFICATIONS: Email email@example.com with the subject “ALPHA WITH MODIFICATIONS”. Please list all the specific changes/customizations you would like to make.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY TINY HOUSE?
USA AT LARGE:
- Here is a good starting place for the nation at large.
NASHVILLE / MIDDLE TN:
- Tiny Houses added to a property with an existing structure are considered DADUs (Detached Accessory Dwelling Units).
- In short, you can put a tiny house on any properties that are zoned R80-R6, RM2-RM20-A, RM40-RM100A, OR20-OR40A and ORI and ORI-A; AND in an historic overlay are eligible
- HERE and HERE are links to pages with DADU information and zoning codes for Nashville.
- HERE is a Metro Nashville map that will show the zoning for your property. Just punch in your address and refer to the above lists to know if your property is eligible.
How many New Frontier Tiny Home models are there?
The ALPHA TINY HOME is currently our only Standard Model available. For a CUSTOM BUILD, the options are only limited by the size of the trailer you choose and your budget.
What are the square footage options with New Frontier Tiny Home?
Our Tiny Homes can range from 18’ long trailers to 40’ trailers and roughly anywhere from 120 to 250 square feet.
How much can I customize my New Frontier Tiny Home?
Again, the customizations are only limited by your budget, the size and weight capacity of your desired trailer. New Frontier Tiny Homes are luxury tiny houses of the highest quality design, materials, and craftsmanship. Period. We will never compromise our quality and we work tirelessly to provide you the best value possible.
How long will it take to build my New Frontier Tiny Home?
Schedule will vary based on design, approval process, and our current demand. Once all the designs are agreed upon, contracts are signed, and financing is paid it will take a maximum of 3 months to build and deliver your New Frontier Tiny Home.
Will you deliver my New Frontier Tiny Home?
Yes! We will deliver anywhere in the Continental US. Rates vary by location. Homes will be delivered from our headquarters in Nashville, TN.
Do you sell plans and materials?
We do not sell plans or building materials at this time. All New Frontier Tiny Homes are built by our master craftsmen in Nashville and are delivered to you. We want to ensure that every Tiny Home with the New Frontier name meets our uncompromising standards of excellence and durability.
How do i get financing?
If you are interested in financing your New Frontier Tiny House, We've partnered with LightStream, a division of SunTrust Bank, and Tiny House Lenders to help you get access to the funds you need. Some local banks and credit unions with which you already have a relationship can be good places to get financing as well.
- LightStream -When you have good credit, you can get a low-interest loan* from LightStream. There are no home equity requirements, and LightStream doesn't require a down payment, or charge fees or prepayment penalties. LightStream's online load process is refreshingly simple, and they back their rates with a Rate Beat Program, so you can be confident you are getting a low rate.
- Tiny House Lending- this group will connect you with lenders local to your market.
- BB&T Bank
CAN I INSURE MY TINY HOUSE?
Yes! There is a new Tiny House Insurance company: Darrell Grenz Insurance. Check the website to see if it’s available in your state. Some local insurance agents can also insure tiny homes as well. We are happy to refer you to one.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located in Nashville, TN. Currently, we are not open to the public. To tour our tiny homes, please contact us and write “Tiny Home Tour Request” in the subject line of the email. To see our schedule of Open Houses follow us on Facebook and Instagram and sign up for our Newsletter.
Are you RVIA Certified?
No. We believe Tiny Houses should be allowed as permanent dwellings. RVIA certification does not help make this possible.
RV vs. Tiny Home
RVs are great if you want to travel very regularly: weekly, driving great distances on a consistent basis. However, RVs feel like a plastic and vinyl box, because that is what they're made of. If you want to live full time and tow your home occasionally, we recommend a tiny house. If you want a space that feels like a beautiful, charming, cozy living space, we recommend a tiny home. If you are uncertain about this, we are happy to hear your goals/intended usage and advise you based on your unique situation.
Our standard toilet options are:
- Separett 9200/9210 Composting Toilet. It’s the most advanced waterless, urine diverting toilet available and simple, easy, environmentally friendly and looks very similar to a traditional water based toilet.
- Traditional Flush Toilet with or without a black water holding tank.
Other eco-friendly toilet options are:
- Incinerating toilets - Incinerates all human waste immediately to clean, germ-free ash, as little as a tablespoonful each use.
- Nature’s Head composting toilets - A dry composting toilet that uses no water, there is no plumbing, chemicals or flushing needed. It’s completely natural and organic, a mini ecosystem that separates the liquids and the solids. You will need to establish a dumping schedule
- RV low-flush toilets- a travel trailer toilet has a pedal located underneath the bowl. Pressing this pedal with your foot causes fresh water to rush into the toilet and a flap to open at the base of the bowl. The waste is flushed into the black water tank mounted under the trailer. Chemicals like those used in portable toilets help break up the waste and eliminate odors.
- Sawdust/ Low tech composting toilets - Lovable loo composting toilet an eco-potty. No water, electricity, venting, plumbing or chemicals required. Odor-free when properly managed. No urine separation required.
Can I have stairs instead of a ladder?
Absolutely. Depending on the type of stairs, there is typically a small charge to build stairs instead of a ladder.
Can a Tiny Home be wheelchair accessible?
We love to build homes for anyone! So, depending on your unique requirements, we will do everything in our power to accommodate your needs.
Can I have solar power?
Yes. New Frontier Tiny Homes can be customized for solar power and fully off grid systems. Please keep in mind that a fully functional solar power system can cost anywhere between $8,000 to $15,000.
However, we can design your home with solar hookups if you are not ready to commit to the entire solar package immediately.
Please specify if you want solar hookups or a full solar package. Choices in appliances, mechanical, electrical and many more critical elements of your home are determined by solar capabilities.
How are utilities handled and what are my options?
Again, it completely depends on what you want and whether it fits into your budget. We can design and build you a completely grid tied, off grid, or everything in between home
How do I heat and cool my New Frontier Tiny Home?
It depends on the climate in which you will place your tiny house. We typically recommend mini splits for both heat and AC. However, if you are off grid this is not as good of an option. If you live in a very cold climate, you may want supplementary heating sources.
Just let us know where you will put your tiny house and we will advise you with several options and their respective prices.
How do I deal with wastewater in a New Frontier Tiny Home?
Again, it depends on where you will put your tiny house and how you will use it. We can install a black/grey water tank. We can hook you up to a city septic system. We can create a composting, zero waste system.
The monetary cost of turning our societal waste into potable usable water is astonishing. As such, we recommend installing a composting toilet. With a composting toilet, you can use your grey water to fertilize vegetation/plants.
We will show you various options, their respective costs, and expertly advise you on the best system for your needs and desires.
what Electrical Systems do you use?
We can wire your house to work on 120V, 220V or 12V (solar). It all depends on what you want and how you plan to use your home. We can make your tiny home 100% self-sufficient and off grid. Solar does add cost. If you want a solar powered off grid home, we can make one for you. If you want a home that works on city electric, we can do that for you. Whatever you want, we will guide you through this process and advise you on the best system for your needs and desires.